Yields: 25 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins
Tiramisu is my ALL TIME favourite dessert, and it doesn’t even require baking! This delicious Italian staple starts with espresso soaked lady fingers, layered between a mascarpone cream, all topped with chocolate shavings…I know, say less. This recipe has been an essential at family gatherings for years, so I thought it was finally time to share!
I find it is best to make tiramisu the day before it is being eaten. This allows time for the lady fingers to soften up and soak in all the flavours of the dish.
- Brew 3 1/2 cups worth of espresso, pour into heat safe bowl. Add water and 1oz of Kahlua.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- In a large bowl beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy. Add mascarpone cream and 1 oz of Kahlua, mix until incorporated and smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites until firm and fluffy. Fold egg whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Dip lady fingers into espresso mixture and layer at the base of a 9x12 tray. Once the bottom is complete, cover with a layer of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the same steps, switching the direction of the lady fingers with each layer.
- Finish the final layer with another coat of the mascarpone mixture and top with chocolate shavings. I find tiramisu is best enjoyed the day after it is made, as it allows the lady fingers time to soak up flavour!
Wow! This recipe is going to be a new staple in my house! Such an easy dessert to make!