One of my go-to desserts when I am in a pinch for time are baked donuts, specifically this vegan cookie butter recipe. This batter is a version of my plain baked donut recipe (coming to the blog soon!), with a few adjustments for a warmer taste. The addition of cinnamon and cookie butter make for the perfect coffee pair! For this recipe I use Lotus Biscoff cookie butter, it’s my favourite tasting cookie butter and it’s vegan (bonus!!).
The one thing that steered me away from baked donuts in the past, were the troubles of getting them out of pans! After tons of trial and error with different kinds of pans, I have finally found a donut pan that makes the job 100 times easier! These silicone pans require very little greasing and are super flexible at getting the baked donuts out. Keep in mind they are a bit smaller than an average sized donut.
- In a small bowl mix ground flax seeds with water and let stand until thickened.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a medium bowl mix melted coconut oil, vanilla, melted cookie butter and non dairy milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a bag and pipe into greased donut pan. Alternately, you can spoon the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12 mins or until golden and set.