For the past year I have been in the market for a healthy protein packed granola bar, that does not have traces of peanuts. With more than half of my family being allergic to peanuts (including me!) it has been difficult to find a yummy granola bar without some sort of contact with peanuts. After testing out several recipes, I finally created these…Coconut Pecan Bars!
These bars make the ideal breakfast to-go, snack or healthy treat! With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is prepped in 15 minutes. I suggest prepping these bars the evening before so they can set over night. Waking up to these granola bars is the perfect way to start your morning!
- In a large bowl mix pecans, rolled oats, coconut and pumpkin seeds.
- In a separate medium bowl add cinnamon, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and thoroughly mix until fully combined. (I found it easiest to mix with my hands!)
- Transfer mixture to a 9 inch square pan, lined with parchment paper. Spread the mixture evenly across the pan (Again, using my hands was easiest)
- Push down on the mixture to condense it as much as possible, using the bottom of something flat - such as a glass.
- Let the bars refrigerate over night, cut them to your preferred size and enjoy!