Over the holiday season last year when looking for new recipes to bake, my cousin introduced me to brown butter cookies. At the smell alone I was in love, and things only got better with taste.
Shortly after, I began recipe testing and found that the combination of browned butter and pecans was a new found favourite. The browned butter adds a caramel-like taste to this simple recipe, giving it so much more depth. Pairing it with pecans gives these cookies the perfect crunch!
For those unfamiliar with browned butter or how to make it, here is a post with a super helpful video.
- Brown butter on stove top. Let cool.
- Cream together butter, vanilla and sugars.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until incorporated.
- Add crushed pecans.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once dough has chilled, let it sit out for 10 minutes. Form 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.